December is a great time to go on a winter vacation, as many destinations offer festive holiday events and beautiful winter scenery. Here are some of the best winter vacation destinations to visit in December:
- Aspen, Colorado – Aspen is known for its world-class ski resorts, but it also offers a variety of other winter activities, such as ice skating, snowshoeing, and dog sledding. The town itself is charming and festive, with twinkling holiday lights and festive events throughout the month.
- Quebec City, Canada – Quebec City is a beautiful destination with a European feel, and it is particularly magical during the winter months. The old town is filled with charming cobblestone streets and colorful houses, and it is transformed into a winter wonderland with holiday lights and decorations. The city also offers a variety of winter activities, such as ice skating, cross-country skiing, and snowshoeing.
- Park City, Utah – Park City is another great destination for ski enthusiasts, with three resorts offering a variety of slopes for all ability levels. The town itself is charming and festive, with holiday lights and events throughout the month.
- Banff, Alberta – Banff is a beautiful mountain town located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies. The town is surrounded by stunning natural beauty, with stunning mountain vistas and frozen lakes and rivers. There are a variety of winter activities available, including skiing, snowshoeing, and ice skating, as well as hot springs to relax in after a day on the slopes.
- Taos, New Mexico – Taos is a charming mountain town located in the Southwest United States. The town is surrounded by beautiful natural scenery, including the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, and it offers a variety of winter activities, such as skiing and snowboarding. The town itself is also festive during the holiday season, with holiday lights and events throughout the month.
No matter which destination you choose, be sure to pack warm clothing, including a coat, gloves, and a hat, as well as any necessary gear for your chosen winter activities. It is also a good idea to check the weather forecast and road conditions before you leave, and to be prepared for possible delays or disruptions due to winter weather.
Overall, December is a great time to go on a winter vacation and experience the magic of the holiday season in a beautiful destination. Whether you prefer skiing, snowshoeing, or just relaxing in a charming mountain town, there are many great options to choose from.